Thursday, February 28, 2013

Biri Biri pictorials 2012

Food plaza that took place in Gorichem, Netherlands:
A number of Ugandan/ East African dishes were prepared for a group of about 20 people and after the meal, recipes were given out.
I taught people how to prepare the dishes and for what occasion these dishes are made.















The book reading that took place at the Tropenmuseum (a museum dedicated to countries in the tropics) in Amsterdam. This was during the Kinderboekenweek which was an exhibition for children.
I was hired to research on children's stories in Africa, find a suitable story that was both educative but also understandable for any child in any part of the world.
















 I also gave private crafting lessons to a few individuals. This included how to make place mats, bags and coasters out of dried dyed palm leaves that I got from Uganda. Not only did I teach them how to make the crafts, but also taught them about the materials they were using.


No comments:

Post a Comment